Wednesday 2 June 2010

Presenting Emily Farncombe and my beautiful new piano stool

I bought an antique piano stool about 10years ago thinking that I might re-upholster it myself but after all these years, it was time to face up to the fact that I was never going to do it. So who better to re-upholster this but the lovely Emily Farncombe (another fellow Artsmix award winner alongside myself this year!). Emily and I did a 'skill swap' (swapped a piece of art for the piano stool to be re-vamped) we are both really chuffed. I'm using the piano stool at the Holmfirth Art Market; not only to sit on, but to store my packaging in also. I think Emily is pleased with her piece too! The very sophisticated tweed used for my stool is also the same material as Emily's cushions in her living room - so her butterfly piece was made from deep purples, pinks and beige. Emily worked on my piano stool down at Factory4. This is where I did my screenprinting course (photos to follow shortly). Check out the website if you are interested in doing any of the courses.






I also made Emily a cute little brooch - handcut perspex with a vintage map from Stainton (near Penrith) which just happens to be where Emily went to primary school! Hopefully the Factory4 workshop will be getting a laser cutter soon (to prevent me from almost cutting my fingers off making one of these with a jewellery saw!). 





No comments: