Tuesday 6 April 2010

Oops I nearly forgot to say...

** I was awarded Artsmix Emerging Artist 2010 (Craft Practitioner) **



Check me out! Yes I know I can hardly believe it myself. On Wednesday 31st March, I attended the Artsmix 2010 Emerging Artsists Awards. I was nominated for the award last year and was thrilled to pieces but to win...is something else. The piece I entered  into the awards was Travelling Butterflies. This piece has recently been on exhibition in Debenhams Leeds (also through Artsmix). I wanted to create a piece which was simple in design yet took hours of patience to make. Each butterfly is created from collages of stamps and handcut along with a piece of raw silk - this isn't apparent until you study the piece up close. The 42 butterflies have been carefully arranged like a butterfly frame in a museum. As the winner, I am the proud owner of a fantastic award (original screenprint by a member of Artsmix), received a cash prize, work towards a solo exhibition and mentoring sessions with my award sponsor. 

Read more about the Artsmix Awards Night on the UK Handmade blog here. 

2 comments:

Hannah Nunn said...

Congraulations! Nice butterfliy peice. Maybe I'll start stalking you now!!!x

made at green view said...

Fantastic!